Want to stay informed?
Foam will be open to the public from 1 June 2020. You can book your ticket(s) as of May 29.
We look forward to welcoming you to Foam! We are doing all we can to ensure you have a safe and pleasant visit. Foam follows all guidelines of the The National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM).
Foam is a leading photography museum in the heart of Amsterdam, exhibiting all facets of photography. Discover the current exhibitions programme, learn about our award-winning magazine or browse the shop with limited edition prints, magazines and photobooks.
To ensure your health and safety, all visitors must have a ticket purchased in advance. Tickets are only valid on your selected day and time-slot. Free and reduced tickets also need to be booked in advance.
|Foam Fan, Foam Family, Club Foam, Foam Fund||free|
|CJP, pupils||€ 8,50|
|Museumkaart, I Amsterdam Card, Holland Pass, Stadspas, ICOM, BankGiro Loterij VIP Card||
|Children 12 and under||free|
|Activity book for kids: FotoBaas||€ 3,50|
Occasionally Foam organises events and lectures, so certain exhibitions might not be accessible. Before you visit, please check the programme.
• Routes are indicated to ensure that you can always keep sufficient distance from others. We use one-way traffic.
• Foam adheres to the prescribed maximum number of persons per m2. This means we ask you to book your ticket in advance, and you might have to wait before entering a space as access is limited. The maximum number of people is indicated per room.
• Foam is regularly cleaned to ensure a high level of hygiene.
• Soap and disinfectant handgel is available to visitors and staff.
• Toilet facilities are available but limited.
• There is no cloakroom available.
Please help us by following the guidelines below when you visit the museum:
• Stay at home if you feel unwell
• Access only with pre-purchased tickets, book your ticket(s) here.
• Come alone or with a small group (partner, housemates, family) of 4 persons maximum.
• Be on time.
• Have your ticket ready for our front desk.
• Follow the rules of the museum, the indicated route and the instructions of our staff
• Always maintain a 1.5 meter distance from others
• Give way to each other
• Contactless payments preferred
• Keep contact to a minimum.
If you travel by car, the best place to park is Apcoa Parking (Prins & Keizer).
Foam Café is situated on the ground floor of Foam's Keizersgracht building. It's a lovely place to enjoy a healthy breakfast, tasty lunch or homemade cake. You can take a seat and relax after your visit at Foam or reserve a table.
Our monumental building is not fully wheelchair-accessible. Be sure to contact us before your visit so we can discuss the possibilities together. Visitors who are unable to navigate their way through the museum independently are permitted to bring a companion with them for free.
Foam is supported by the BankGiro Loterij, De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, City of Amsterdam, Foam Members, Olympus and the VandenEnde Foundation.