Want to stay informed?
Foam is a leading photography museum in the heart of Amsterdam, exhibiting all facets of photography. Discover the current exhibitions programme, learn about our award-winning magazine or browse the shop with limited edition prints, magazines and photobooks.
The Foam Bookshop is open from Wednesday to Saturday from 12.00 to 17.00 hrs. You do not need to reserve a timeslot.
Priority entrance is given to online reservations. Walk-ins are welcome on the day if there is availability. Book your ticket and timeslot here.
|Foam Fan, Foam Family, Club Foam, Foam Fund||free|
|Museumkaart, I Amsterdam Card, Holland Pass, Stadspas, ICOM, BankGiro Loterij VIP Card||
|Children 12 and under||free|
|Activity book for kids: FotoBaas||€ 3,50|
Occasionally Foam organises events and lectures, so certain exhibitions might not be accessible. Before you visit, please check the programme.
• Mouth masks are optional starting Saturday 26 June.
• Routes are indicated to ensure that you can always keep a sufficient distance from others. We use one-way traffic.
• Foam adheres to the prescribed maximum number of persons per m2 in our building to make sure all visitors can keep a safe distance.
• Foam is regularly cleaned to ensure a high level of hygiene.
• Soap and disinfectant hand gel are available to visitors and staff.
• Toilet facilities are available but limited.
• There is no cloakroom available.
Please help us by following the guidelines below when you visit the museum:
• Stay at home if you feel unwell
• Access with pre-purchased tickets is required for guaranteed entry, book your ticket(s) here.
• Come alone or with a small group (partner, housemates, family) of 4 persons maximum.
• Be on time.
• Have your ticket ready for our front desk.
• Follow the rules of the museum, the indicated route and the instructions of our staff
• Always maintain a 1.5-meter distance from others
• Give way to each other
• Contactless payments preferred
• Keep contact to a minimum.
If you travel by car, the best place to park is Apcoa Parking (Prins & Keizer).
Foam Café is situated on the ground floor of Foam's Keizersgracht building. It's a lovely place to enjoy a healthy breakfast, tasty lunch or homemade cake. You can take a seat and relax after your visit to Foam or reserve a table.
Our monumental building is not fully wheelchair-accessible. Be sure to contact us before your visit so we can discuss the possibilities together. Visitors who are unable to navigate their way through the museum independently are permitted to bring a companion with them for free.
Foam is supported by the BankGiro Loterij, De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, City of Amsterdam, Foam Members, Olympus and the VandenEnde Foundation.
In 2021 Foam receives additional support from Kickstart Cultuurfonds and the Mondriaan Fund.