Discover how to take a good portrait photo. Apply the photographic concepts from the tour during the workshop as a model and as a photographer. Everyone goes home with a unique portrait.
About the workshop
During the Portrait workshop, you will learn all about the various aspects of portrait photography. You will practice making special portraits of your fellow students with the help of a compact camera. The focus will be about awareness of the choices you make when taking a photo. You will get inspiration from the current exhibitions of Foam.
The workshop starts with an interactive 30-minute tour through the museum, where you will get to know the basic principles of photography. Afterward, a crash course portrait photography will follow in the education classroom. In groups of three, you will make portraits of each other, at which you will use simple resources to create a good portrait photo. In the end, will all the results be presented on a big screen and jointly discussed.
- Consciously looking at photography
- Gain knowledge about photography terminology and picture elements
- Experience how you can make special portrait photos
- Experience how to tell something about yourself and someone else through photography
- Reflect on your own work and that of others
Questions or special requests?
Contact the Education department via 020-5516505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.