During these three evenings, experts will share their knowledge about techniques, valuation and conservation:
8 May | The photograph
- Marcel Feil, deputy director artistic affairs at Foam, will kick-start the first course evening with a presentation about the history of photography and developments in contemporary photography;
- Clara von Waldthausen (photo restorator and professor at the University of Amsterdam) will speak about different techniques, materials and about the conservation of photos.
22 May | The market
- How do you determine the value of a photo? And what should you know when you are buying photography? Art consultant Jeannette ten Kate has tons of experience and shares her knowhow on all the various relevant aspects;
- Willem van Zoetendaal is an experienced and enthusiastic collector of photography, but also publisher of photobooks and former gallery owner. Using examples, he tells about buying photography.
29 May | Collecting photography
- Sabrina Kamstra, head of the AMC Art department, is one of the most experienced art buyers out there, buying art for the AMC hospital since 1997. She explains all about the collection of AMC and shares her vision on the importance of orporate art collections;
- Collectors Jaap Kooijman en Jeroen van Ingen end the course by delving into their private collection. The duo takes us back to the start of their collection and tell us where they spot new works to add to the collection.
Previous Collecting Photography Course © Foam
Foam is supported by the BankGiro Loterij, De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, Gemeente Amsterdam, Olympus and the VandenEnde Foundation.