Want to stay informed?
News: In line with the guidelines of the Central Government concerning the coronavirus, Foam is temporarily closed. We hope to be able to welcome you again soon.
Keep up and enjoy our online programme at #FoamAtHome.
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about visiting Foam Photography Museum in Amsterdam. We hope you enjoy your visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if you still have questions.
When is Foam open?
Daily from 10.00 – 18.00 hrs, Thursday and Friday until 21.00 hrs. Foam is closed on King’s Day (27 April).
Do I need to reserve a ticket and time-slot before visiting Foam?
Yes. To ensure a smooth visit, an online ticket reservation is required. Click here to reserve your ticket or here to read more information. Tickets are only valid on your selected day and time-slot. Free and reduced tickets can also be booked in advance to ensure entry.
What additional measures due to the coronavirus does Foam take when visiting the museum?
• We kindly ask everyone above the age of 13 to wear a face mask in the museum.
• Routes are indicated to ensure that you can always keep sufficient distance from others. We use one-way traffic.
• Foam adheres to the prescribed maximum number of persons per m2 in our building to make sure all visitors can keep a safe distance
• Foam is regularly cleaned to ensure a high level of hygiene.
• Soap and disinfectant hand gel are available to visitors and staff.
• Toilet facilities are available, but limited.
• There is no cloakroom available.
What additional guidelines do I need to follow when visiting Foam?
• Stay at home if you feel unwell.
• Access with pre-purchased tickets is required for guaranteed entry, book your ticket(s) here.
• Come alone or with a small group (partner, housemates, family) of 4 persons maximum.
• Be on time.
• Have your ticket ready for our front desk.
• Follow the rules of the museum, the indicated route and the instructions of our staff.
• Always maintain a 1.5-meter distance from others.
• Give way to each other.
• Contactless payments preferred.
• Keep contact to a minimum.
We are visiting as a group. What do we need to know?
Note: unfortunately, it is not possible to visit Foam in groups due to the extra measures surrounding the coronavirus.
Is the museum accessible for visitors with disabilities?
Our monumental building is not fully wheelchair-accessible. Be sure to contact us before your visit so we can discuss the possibilities together.
Is there a café in the museum?
Please note: The Foam Café is temporarily closed.
Yes, Foam’s café is open daily. However, the Foam Café will ensure 1,5-meter distance is maintained during your visit. Reservations are not possible. Check here for details.
Is there a shop at Foam?
Yes, Foam has a bookshop offering an assortment of photobooks, magazines, posters and postcards, and a gallery (Foam Editions) that sells attractively priced prints by world-renowned artists.
Please note: Our bookshop is currently only accessible to museum visitors who have reserved a ticket and timeslot. Temporarily, we offer a limited selection of books, the last two issues of Foam Magazine, postcards and exhibition posters. Click here for more information.
Which exhibitions are on view?
Check the current and upcoming exhibitions programme in the online agenda.
Do I have to print my e-ticket?
No, e-tickets can be scanned directly from your phone or tablet.
Why do I need to select a date for my e-ticket?
Due to changing exhibitions, prices may sometimes vary. Please select a date so that the correct price or discount is applied.
Please contact us via email@example.com.