Please note: this course will be in Dutch.
Every week, the focus is on a different aspect of street photography. You will have a specific assignment as a starting point and will get lots of tips along the way. Since you learn the most when you practice, most of the time is dedicated to taking photos and working on your series. In the end, all results will be discussed within the group to learn to look more critically and to find your own style.
Why take a street photography course at Foam?
• You will receive professional guidance from a museum teacher trained by Foam who is also a photographer;
• You work on a specific assignment every week;
• The work of inspiring professional photographers is taken as a starting point for the assignments;
• You are challenged to reflect on and improve your own photography skills;
• The course is for beginners and reasonably experienced (amateur) photographers. However, technical knowledge of your own camera is required.
Street Photography Course 2017 © Foam. Photo: Japke
Foam provides Olympus OM-D cameras for this workshop. Of course, you are free to use your own camera if preferred. In that case, remember to bring a fully charged battery, an empty SD card and a transfer cable. The use of your own materials is at your own risk.
Foam is supported by the BankGiro Loterij, De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, Gemeente Amsterdam and the VandenEnde Foundation.
In 2021 Foam receives additional support from Kickstart Cultuurfonds and the Mondriaan Fund.