Workshop series In Limbo
What happens when young adults find themselves in-between? Foam offers a workshop series in which the state of the in-between is researched by using the work of contemporary artists and photographers as a starting point.
About the workshop series
In this (online) workshop series, young adults are challenged to take a position against societal questions. Between the ages of 16 and 19, they are at the beginning of their adult life and are slowly being called upon to make a contribution to society.
Set-up & themes
Each workshop starts with a 10 minute introduction and evaluation of assignments. Then, the photographers for that workshop are introduced and discussed (20 min), followed by a new assignment (10 min). The workshop ends with a 5 minute roundup. All students pick 1 assignment (within a choice of 2 or 3) that they will work on at home, which takes 45 to 60 minutes.
workshop 1: Identity
workshop 2: Migration
workshop 3: Sustainability
workshop 4: Presentations and roundup
- Interpreting societal themes by discussing professional contemporary photographers
- Learning and making use of basic elements in photography
- Reflect on societal choices by making creative assignments
- Reflect on your own work and that of others
- Present your most important opinions gained during the series
Questions or special requests?
Contact the Education department via 020-5516505 or email@example.com.