The Foam Collection is a fast-growing collection that is increasingly receiving attention within the museum. If you think you can take care of this collection with special attention, then we are looking for you as our Collections Management Employee, (f/m/x), 24 hours per week.
Foam is all about photography. We are an Amsterdam-based cultural organisation operating internationally in the field of photography.
Foam aims to expose the widest possible audience to all facets of contemporary photography through multiple mediums: exhibitions, publications, research, public programmes and educational projects. These take place in our museum in Amsterdam, in print with the award-winning Foam Magazine, online through our upcoming digital platform and at temporary off-site locations around the world.
Foam has been working for more than 13 years on a growing collection that reflects the development of the medium of photography in the 21st century. By identifying and presenting emerging talent at an early stage, while complementing the collection with their work, it increases the potential and development of emerging artists. By doing so, Foam also tries to recognise and preserve the most recent developments of the medium.
The Foam Collection is a diverse and special collection. By making the collection available both offline and online, Foam can bring the works to the attention of an even larger audience.
This is a new position in which cooperation with the exhibitions department is vital. The Collections Management Employee is a member of the exhibition team and falls under the responsibility of Foam's head of exhibitions.
- a creative thinker, enterprising and resourceful;
- aware of the importance of working with precision;
- stress-resistant, social and an art/photography enthusiast with integrity;
- excited to take care of Foam’s collection;
- educated in the field of management and conservation or have demonstrable relevant work experience and/or training in the field;
- sufficient in Dutch and English (speaking and writing);
- experienced in keeping a collection administration;
- available at short notice.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- perform administrative activities, including drawing up and/or assessing loans and purchases or donation agreements and handling requests for the use of image material in accordance with image and copyright;
- actively contribute to improving the storage of the collection in the depot, arrange the internal transport of the collection for exhibitions, research, photography or restoration;
- ensuring periodic checks on the collection in the depot;
- ensure that collection items are available for visual material in a safe manner and in good condition, in accordance with image and copyright;
- preparing cost statements and working within the set financial frameworks;
- maintaining the collection database and describing collection items in collaboration with. the various curators within the museum, and assigning keywords and specifications to the collection items;
- maintaining contact with the artists/donors and external parties regarding the collection;
- taking care of and managing the collection insurance for the deposit, but also for outgoing loans.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A challenging, new position in a dynamic and inspiring work environment alongside enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues.
- Your salary is in line with the market for cultural organisations.
- This is a one-year position with the possibility of extension, supported by the Mondriaan Fund.
Apply here and upload your motivation letter and CV before 20 September. Questions? Please contact Bram Prins, Foam’s Exhibitions coordinator via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foam is committed to employees that reflect the multi-cultural population of Amsterdam. We believe in the power of diversity. In the event that candidates are equally suitable in terms of talent and competence, our preference will be for the candidate that reinforces the diversity within the organisation.
Contact in the form of an intermediary in response to Foam vacancies is not appreciated.
Foam is supported by the VriendenLoterij, Foam Members, De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, the VandenEnde Foundation and the City of Amsterdam.
In 2021, Foam receives additional support from the Mondriaan Fund and Kickstart Cultuurfonds.